A Leader of Lithium Lifepo4 Battery in China Since 2006

4 tips to keep your kids from swallowing button …

by:GSL ENERGY     2020-06-12
October 2010, 1-year-
The old boy named Emmet from Phoenix is playing with the remote control of the standard DVD player.
Like most curious children, he is fascinated by buttons, and like most parents, his mother does not think twice about any potential danger. Why would she?
Parents have been letting their children play with the remote control since they were invented.
A few minutes later, Emmet found a way to turn on the back of the remote control.
He noticed a shiny coin.
Button battery size--
The same can be found in calculators, watches, keys and flame-free candles.
Emmet did anything normal. year-
He put it in his mouth and swallowed it.
There are about 3,000 children in the United States every year. -
There\'s one every three hours.
Do the same, some will cause serious damage, some will lead to death.
Unfortunately, this is a growing trend.
According to the national capital poisoning center, serious button battery injuries have more than quadrupled over the past decade.
The biggest risk of swallowing these button batteries is not as suffocating as many may suspect. It\'s burning.
When swallowed into the button battery, the saliva triggers the current.
This leads to a chemical reaction that can cause serious harm to the child in just two hours.
Once the burn begins, the result can affect the child\'s life.
Over the past three years, Emmet has undergone more than 30 surgeries, spent eight months in the pediatric ICU, and experienced partial reconstruction of the esophagus and airway.
The tricky part is that things may not be obvious at first.
Children can still breathe with the coin lithium battery in their throat.
Symptoms of button battery intake, such as cough, drooling and discomfort, may be similar to those of other children\'s diseases.
In the case of Emmet, the doctor believed that Emmet\'s high temperature was the result of the flu and sent him home.
For the next two days, his symptoms get worse.
On the way back to the pediatrician, Emmet began vomiting blood.
He was sent directly to the emergency room, where
Ray revealed the button battery stuck in his esophagus, very close to his heart.
Emmet is a brave boy who continues to fight.
Emmet\'s parents want everyone to know his story so that we all understand how to prevent this tragedy from happening to another young child.
Safe Children and energetic people are working together to raise awareness of this serious risk and urge parents and caregivers to keep coins
The size of the button battery and the equipment containing them are invisible, and the children are not able to reach them.
Here are some simple tips to help you avoid swallowing the button battery for kids in your life.
Search anywhere your home and your kids go and find gadgets that may contain button batteries.
• Battery with push button-
Power supply equipment that children cannot see and reach.
Secure storage of loose button batteries.
Something simple, such as the tape on the remote control, can prevent children from touching the battery.
Please call the National battery intake hotline if you need help (202-625-3333).
Help us spread information by sharing this information with caregivers, friends, family and nannies.
For more information, please visit www. safekids.
The story of emante ---
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...
Dear Sir, Thanks for your interest in GSL products. Please send your enquiry to Mr. Jim Deng at jimdeng@gsl-energy.com. If you need urgently reply, add whats app account : 0086 13923720280