DIY Brushless Dremel Tool
When I scratched my head and thought about what to do next, I thought of the idea of using the brushless Dremel tools that are powered by those large-capacity lithium-ion batteries.
The idea sounds good, but the challenge of making this brushless Dremel tool is not to put a lot of money into the parts and simplify the whole project as much as possible.
So our goal is to build a brushless Dremel tool from scratch.
So, to overcome this tricky issue, I\'ll show you how to make a brushless Dremel tool under $15.
Let\'s build . . . . . . The material list for this project is: the list of tools recommended for this project is: now the first challenge is to find a brushless motor.
There are two types of brushless motors, inrunner and out runner.
The word \"in and out\" refers to the position of the magnetic rotor in the motor.
What we need most is an out runner motor because it produces more torque because it has a large torque arm compared to the in runner type of the same size.
These DC motors require an ESC to run them compared to conventional DC motors.
So we need to avoid all of this complexity and for that I decided to use the brushless motor on the high speed server/PC fan.
As stated on the back side of these fans, you can easily identify these fans through higher current attraction.
These fans come with ESC so all you need to do is connect the fan to the 12 v battery.
But be careful that they can cause serious harm if handled improperly.
Now what we need to do is get that brushless motor out so I break the case and the fan attached to the motor.
We have a brushless motor so far, but we need to connect an adapter to keep it in place to do the job.
To do this, we need to replace the existing axis with a longer axis.
So I removed the clip from the back side of the motor shaft to remove the magnetic rotor.
The shaft is installed in the motor clock.
So in order to remove it, we need to hammer it with a nail.
The diameter of the shaft is close to 3mm, and we managed to find an axis of the same diameter from the old disc of the length we wanted.
So we pushed the installation of the new shaft with Hamer.
For adapters, I\'m going to use a Drillpro adapter kit, ideal for making Dremel tools.
Now, in order to keep the motor, I will use a 1in dia PVC socket with a 45 degree angle.
It not only perfectly fits with a slight sanding, but also makes the work with the tool more ergonomic.
First I polished the plastic case after the motor and then glued it to the PVC socket.
Next, I extended the wire and removed all the unnecessary wires.
The red wire is VCC and the black wire is grounded.
Now, to power this tool, we will make battery packs using three 18650 lithium ion batteries.
I rescued the batteries from an old laptop battery and they kept the same voltage above 3.
So I hope they will work properly.
All three batteries are welded into a series of wires attached to the positive and negative battery terminals.
One of the wii is then connected directly to the charging socket of the 5mm input jack.
When the other pair enters the motor through the switch, the switch will be used to turn the motor on and off.
Now, in order to make everything simple, I didn\'t add a protection circuit to the back of the battery, which would prevent the battery from running out of less than its minimum voltage, but you can do that by adding three tp-
The 4056 module completes the work together with the battery pack to improve the reliability of the battery pack.
Now, in order to install the battery and build the housing, we will use the 3 inch PVC pipe and cut it short to make it fit perfectly with the battery pack.
The battery first sticks to the PVC socket/motor Holder, then I clamp the PVC pipe with two jubilee clips and the PVC pipe that sticks together to keep it in shape.
After the glue is dry, I remove the clip and polish it with sandpaper to make it look perfect.
Now, to make the tool look cleaner, I decided to paint the shell with matte black and yellow paint.
I blocked the motor, switch and charging socket.
Then the shell was painted and the finish of that shell was very good.
When the paint was dry, I had removed the shelter and it was well worth it to finish the work.
This mini-brushed Dremel tool has risen to our expectations and performed well.
At first, I was a little worried about the power of this motor, because this motor does not mean that they are definitely not for the purpose of our use of them, but for their performance well.
The torque is fair enough to grind the metal and can handle the maximum torque.
5mm drill bits that can be installed inside the adapter.
In terms of efficiency, the motor seems to do a good job, the battery pack is large enough to run the tool quietly before the battery runs out.
Overall, the project ended by adding another useful cordless and brushless Dremel tool without breaking the bank.
For more fun DIY projects, please visit my youtube channel. Regards.